Football assault course

I am useless at doing press-ups but I did find that at the beginning of the weak I could only do a couple of press-ups but by the end of the week I could do 12. This tested my muscular strength and maybe muscular endurance. The standing broad jump and the standing vertical jump were very easy and my results show that my muscular strength in my legs was above average. The free kick, penalties, headers and volleys exercise tested my accuracy at being able to pinpoint a spot to shoot at. My accuracy is good and I found that I was able to be even more accurate in my shooting and heading.

The sit-and-reach test tested my flexibility and my results show that I was above average. The Illinois agility run was testing. I learned to speed my way through it, and learned that every second counted. It measured my agility (!) and speed. I was a bit out of breath at the end of the run. The 'football assault course' was just a way to reduce tedium but also to see if I could combine all of my football skills together. The key to the course was speed but also to fulfil each section as best as possible.

I found the training programme to be very intense and tiring, but very effective as my training programme tested all the areas I wanted it to. I was very tired though after completing each week of the program, my muscles were aching and my heart and breathing rate had increased drastically. The positive aspect was that I recovered quicker as I went on in the training programme. If I were to perform the training programme again I would start by making the exercise time slightly less at the beginning of the program so I could get use to doing the exercises gradually. This would also be overloading because the exercises would get harder.

If I was given another chance to perform he training programme again, I would have included more tests and exercises such as wall-sits, combination tests, dynamometer and shoulder lift test. I would also have compared my skin fold measurement to see if it changed during the training programme. I would expect that it would not change because it would take some time for the fat to reduce. I would also compare the change in my pulse rate during the training programme.

Although I had improved during the six-week period I had only improved slightly, so if I were repeating this programme I would make it last 12 weeks so improvements could be seen more easily. Once the training programme becomes too easy I would have to make it harder (overload) to affect reversibility. If the training programme is not made harder the body will stop improving in the areas of muscular endurance and anaerobic respiration. The body must train regularly to prevent reversibility. Reversibility is when the affects of training decrease and the benefits are lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lower class citizens